Barbara Gray Q&A – find out more about the experienced and talented founder of Urban Dandelion.
Barbara Gray was wonderful to work with. So knowledgeable and passionate about achieving results and driving positive change within her local community.
- How long have you worked at Urban Dandelion?
I set up my social business 2 years ago
- What has been your most memorable business experience or achievement so far?
There are many coming out of securing a contract to work with communities in Catford, giving the seldom heard a voice, developing new projects and raising the profile of the area as a place where communities get things done; includes creating Love Catford website and Dementia Friendly Catford South.
Our Healthy Habits project improving health of African and Caribbean communities – innovation in addressing health inequalities
- What makes your job difficult?
Working evenings and weekends is sometimes hard on the family but we plan and it works out okay. They are very proud of me and my work.
- What is your top tip for anyone considering a role like yours?
Remember people have good hearts life for some people is frustrating and that change takes time.
- How has working with Nova Creative Solutions helped your business?
I have a lovely modern logo which represents Urban Dandelion and a great website to promote what I do. Very professional
- Which public figure (past or present) do you most admire?
- What’s your favourite place (to eat/relax/play) in Deptford?
- Any upcoming events/promotions you’d like to mention?
The Caribbean Front Room workshop and exhibition. a project with Goldsmiths looking at UK womens movement influence in the Caribbean – in the autumn. Emergence of Corbett Neigbourhood Plan in the autumn
- Why do you love what you do?
My work is largely research and consultation and working with people with great ideas and seeing them happen, seeing communities come together and changing people’s lives is so rewarding and brings dry figures to life.
Barbara also has a great newsletter which I really enjoy receiving for the healthy tips and positive events. You can subscribe and check out her newsletter archive here and one of the fun videos she’s shared is below. Get dancing!