Lois is Manager at Deptford coffeeshop Rough & Ready. The coffeeshop is new but Rough & Ready and the management team have deep roots in Deptford. They also run DAGE on Deptford High Street.
A welcome addition to the local community, Rough & Ready provides a warm & friendly location for locals to enjoy a hot drink and some delicious home made food. I had a great time building their website earlier this year.
What I particularly like about Rough & Ready is that is not pretentious at all. Which can easily be the case when a new cafe opens in an area of rapid gentrification.
The Rough & Ready team are so welcoming and accommodating it’s impossible to not feel instantly at home.
Lois is a prime example of how a shop should be managed. She has a wonderful personality; a great listener but also always has fun & interesting stories to share.
I asked Lois to answer 10 questions to give us a quick snapshot about herself.
- How long have you worked at Rough & Ready?
I’ve been working here for 6 months
- What has been your most memorable Rough & Ready experience or achievement?
Having fun with my customers
- Why do you love what you do?
It’s a fun job, I meet new people everyday, having fun here and knowing they leave here happy is amazing.
- What makes your job difficult?
I honestly can say there is nothing difficult about being here
- What is your top tip for anyone considering a role like yours?
Just to enjoy your work, let customers leave in a good mood and smiling
- How has working with Nova Creative Solutions helped your business?
We’ve had new customers that come in from seeing our webpage.
- Which public figure (past or present) do you most admire?
There’s too many to choose
- What’s your favourite place (to eat/relax/play) in Deptford?
My shop of course :p
- Any upcoming events/promotions you’d like to mention?
We offer free teas and coffees to all O.A.P’s
- Favourite song?
I’m a believer by The monkeys