Malcolm Cadman works at Pepys Community Forum (PCF) a Deptford based charity that equips local individuals with the skills they need to progress in life.
I’m really lucky that I get to work with some great clients. I’ve a huge admiration for those that are putting in the extra hours, chasing their dreams and/or trying to make a difference.
I’ve spent a decent amount of time talking with and learning from Malcolm. He’s so knowledgeable on Deptford’s local history. Malcolm is great at sharing information and interesting to talk to.
Malcolm strives to make a positive impact to the local community in Deptford – especially on the Pepys Estate.
In the first of many client Q&A’s I’ve asked Malcolm Cadman to answer 10 questions to give us a quick snapshot about himself.
- How long have you worked at PCF?
Since 2000, as Chair, and from 2010 also managing directly
- What has been your most memorable PCF experience or achievement?
Developing PCF since 2010
- Why do you love what you do?
Trying to make a difference and to build local capacity to do things for ourselves
- What makes your job difficult?
A harsh environment for community groups to survive in
- What is your top tip for anyone considering a role like yours?
Be prepared to appreciate that it will be all consuming
- How has working with Nova Creative Solutions helped your business?
Nova take care to understand our needs and acts in close partnership
- Which public figure (past or present) do you most admire?
- What’s your favourite place (to eat/relax/play) in Deptford?
Dog & Bell pub, Prince Street
- Any upcoming events/promotions you’d like to mention?
Health and Well being with Employability, offering a choice of 5 Training courses
- Favourite song?
Have several, Shine on you Crazy Diamond, by Pink Floyd, is one of them