Marketing Audience Focus – 5 Top Tips for appealing to your customers
- Know your target customer. Who are they? Where do they live? What do they do in their spare time? There’s never too many details to collate to help build the perfect target audience profile. Do your research. There’s a great article on Forbes with more tips.
- Develop your brand for your target audience. Not for yourself. What you might like may be different to what your customers like.
- Reward loyalty. Research shows that the cost of keeping an existing customer is cheaper than acquiring a new one. Loyalty also equates to referrals as word of mouth is a strong selling tool.
- Know how to best engage with your target audience. Be where they are! If they like to jog – put on your trainers and head to the park. If they’re strapped for time – show how you can make life easier.
- Design your marketing campaigns, communications, branding and website specifically with your audience in mind. Never forget who you’re trying to appeal to.